Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: 10 Ways to Make Money With Your Wow Blog
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:52 am 

Server: Onyxia
Hello there I'm new to these boards but I have run a successful blog for 8 months called

http://justmytwocopper.blogspot.com

Recently I've gotten into online marketing and have been tremendously successful thus far.

I'd like to share with you a quick list of ways you can make money with your blog and it

can even benefit your readers as well.

1. Use the built in adsense features for blogspot and wordpress. You can place links

between your posts on blogspot if you click the edit feature inside of your post body while

in the layout tab.

2. Create EHow.com articles which list your blog as a resource at the bottom of each

article. You'll get more traffic for your site and hopefully get some money on the side

from EHow advertising.

3. Sell wow related ebooks. I highly recommend my gold guide (sorry shameless plug here but

it is a way to make money on your blog!). The guide is called http://20kleveling.com.

4. Create a forum for your users. I took this one step further and created a premium

membership as well as placed ads on the forum area for non premium members.

5. Write your own wow related ebook on clickbank.com and sell it on your blog.

6. Sell wow related books from amazon.com with their affiliate program.

7. Become a member of CJ.com (commission junction) and sell their products if they are

related to your blog. These products are much bigger name companies than the single owner

startup companies you'll find at clickbank.

8. Place a donation button on your blog in a prominent location and make sure you give a reason why your readers should donate. Just leaving the button there naked is a waste of space. If you're going to beg do it in style!

9. Sell t-shirts and other paraphenalia with sites like printmojo.com.

10. Get advertises for your blog or even individual posts. It takes some time fishing for these sources but once you get big enough they will sometimes just come to you. Charge them either once for a inside post advertisement or monthly for a permanent ad on the site.

My next blog will be about making money online, and you can view it here:
http://mybumbusiness.blogspot.com

I hope you found this information useful! Goodluck with your blogs :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 10 Ways to Make Money With Your Wow Blog
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:41 am 

Server: icerown
While some of the information you posted here is useful, I am not sure that some of the shady tactics you have used and recommend are really proper. Since finding out about your attempted deals with a few bloggers I am quite unimpressed with your schemes. First, being shady to get money is just flat wrong. The fake donation link bothered me the first time I read your post, not to mention the "gold guide" with the ehow articles. Now I find out that you are trying to get other bloggers with large readerships to throw up a link or banner ad promising 1k a day and then 30k a year. Shameless is quite correct. Gevlons post served to help highlight your lack of business ethics. The gross disrespect you show to people that you market to is troublesome to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:59 pm 

Server: Moon Guard
About #3 - why would someone buy an ebook if they can get the exact same information for free on the blog itself? This seems like a way to dupe readers into forking over money than actually write helpful articles to share with others (and by share I don't mean charge them for it).

And on #4 - good blogs don't need forums. Once again you'd end up posting your helpful information in the forum instead of the actual blog. Another waste of time...especially the "premium" membership bullcrap.

Your wording of a donation button suggest that you want bloggers to put false messages as reasons for donating. That's a jackass move, especially since there are -real- charities that need donations other than padding your own selfish wallet.

Also ads look like crap on 99.99% of websites in the first place, detracting from the non-commercialized, personal feel that a lot of bloggers strive to achieve. With the ads and money-grubbing it's not personal anymore - it's just an underhanded business with little regard to the readers and reputation in the community.

Oh and L2spellcheck, though a grammar check wouldn't hurt either. You and your website are full of errors, making you look even more unprofessional than your recent controversy.

WWW Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:52 am 

First off Gevlon is assuming I am telling him to lie, I was not. I wanted him to review my guide and be honest about how much better it is than other guides.

Second, I'm asking you to put a donate button up and then say why you are doing it. If you say Donate to keep this blog ad free well that is a successful way to make money and keep your readers happy.

Jump on the bandwagon and hate me, fine. I just gave you some serious marketing tips for your blogs. You're welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:38 am 

Server: Nagrand
Hi Markco

In reference to this post you deleted my comments and blocked further debate of your questionable scheme. Oh well, it's a pity this is the internet.
http://bit.ly/810e6F

@markco

Firstly, to "defeat" a goblin you are actually becoming a goblin yourself. Additionally "defeat" is more like stalemate or draw.

You don't explain why 3.5 gold is the magic UWIN number. You already state that the "goblins" start selling at 40g. They are obviously happy to sell above 3.5g. E

These herb prices are very unrealistic. Most commenters that mention herb prices state this.

Can you rewrite your plan without your GF farming herbs for a ridiculous loss (opportunity cost anyone??).

Shifting the loss to a second party who is complicit in the deal is just underhanded. You need to be honest and add the losses made by your GF to the total of the system cost. I'm pretty sure anyone can "defeat" anyone with a farmer willing to bear the cost of losing gold so you can profit.

Ink of the sea, and vellums sell very slowly. So either you will have a massive glut of unprocessed herbs or inks or vellums. You cannot move the volume needed to "defeat" a goblin.

Supply and demand. If you force herb prices so low (god knows how this is possible in a market where you are most certainly not the only buyer) then the goblins will only need to offer slightly more than you to get herbs even cheaper than they did before. If you can, they can....oh I forgot this plan requires a GF.

Again if the farmers get paid ridiculous prices they will either farm less or sell to higher bidders. Unless of course you have enlisted retarded farmers to your cause, who farm for vendetta rather than profit.

Finally, screenshots, book keeping and some real numbers are needed. At the moment this is a "master plan" for fail.

TLDR: Becoming a "goblin" is not defeating one, Plan has unrealistic price requirements, Plan has unrealistic sales expectations, Plan requires a GF, Plan requires a second party willing to make a loss so you can profit, Plan defies economic laws, Plan needs real world proof.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 am 

Server: Ravencrest (EU)
Markco wrote:
First off Gevlon is assuming I am telling him to lie, I was not. I wanted him to review my guide and be honest about how much better it is than other guides.

Second, I'm asking you to put a donate button up and then say why you are doing it. If you say Donate to keep this blog ad free well that is a successful way to make money and keep your readers happy.

Jump on the bandwagon and hate me, fine. I just gave you some serious marketing tips for your blogs. You're welcome.

Honestly I can't say this without coming over bitchy. It sounds like you assume your guide is better and are not open to criticism to the contrary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:53 am 

I have purchased and read them. Nothing comes close.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm 

Server: Cenarius/Nagrand
Thread locked for the following reasons:

1. Appears to be disintegrating into nothing but an argument over whose guide is better than whose, and who is correct and who is wrong. If you want to have a pissing match, do it somewhere else please.

2. Advertisement of products is not tolerated on Blog Azeroth in any shape or form. Quite frankly, this thread is very close to deletion (and that may be the case yet).

Snarks and Ladders

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]