Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Guest posting on other blogs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:20 am 

Server: The Sha'tar-EU
Has anyone ever done it before?
I haven't, but stuff is in the pipe and I might soon.

Would anyone be interested in doing it sometime?
See above, I'm working on it.

What blogs would you prefer to make a guest post for the most?
Preferably of my own niche (so rogue blogs) but willing to expand. As long as it is in my interests and I can write about it.

Would it be a one time thing, or could you be interested in doing multiple posts?
I suppose multiple unless the reactions on the first post are really bad :p

Do you expect any payment, or linkback for the post?
Not really, doesn't really matter if my ramblings reach the public via my own blog or via a blog I'm guest posting on.

Do you wish to post the same content on your own blog as well? (Generally something google doesn't like)
I don't really see why you'd do that. I guess if it's a guide of sorts you worked hard on, it might be tempting, but I'd rather just do a linkback.

I don't think you should see it as publicity for your own blog, but rather a chance to get a (perhaps) different audience to read and give feedback on your posts.

WWW Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:26 am 

Server: Crushridge
I actually offer guest posting on WoW Fail Blog.

I haven't done guest posting on other peoples blogs, but I offer guest posting on mine.
I have a few people posting casually, as well as 1 or 2 regular guest posters.

Possibly. More likley to if it was cross posting (I write a post for you, you write a post for me)

Not too phased on where their blog neiche, as long as their post is good and relevent to my blog

Would it be a one time thing, or could you be interested in doing multiple posts?
I have some that post to my blog every now and again, others that are every week.
I'm looking for more regular guest posters, and could see my self regularly posting on someone elses blog if they were doing the same on mine.

Do you expect any payment, or linkback for the post? (Usually a link at the bottom is common place)
All my guest posts include at least one link to their blog/site/armoury/whatever.

Do you wish to post the same content on your own blog as well? (Generally something google doesn't like)
If I were to guest post, I'd probably just mention 'look at my guest post here' or something like that on my blog.
For people that guest post on my site, I have no problem if the post is something already posted on their site, as long as we can shake it up a little.

If anyone is interested in guest posting on WoW Fail Blog, or doing some cross posting, let me know :-)
I think I also have a thread about it on these forums. Contact details: fails [at] wowfailblog [dot] com or use the Contact Us form on WoW Fail Blog
Contact Details:

~Ithiel.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:56 am 

Server: Skywall
Guest posting is an interesting concept. Like when CSI had investigators from CSI Miami show up in Las Vegas. Ya, I watch too much TV.

I love the idea of multiple posters on a blog; whether that's guest posting or blogs with a number of regular contributors. ...adventures of a priest... is set up allow other approved bloggers (as opposed to anonymous posters) the opportunity to make posts if they wish. All they have to do is register with wordpress.com and ask me for approval.

I think readers benefit from single writer blogs as well as multi-writer blogs. I'm sure ...adventures of a priest... would atract healy types, but my posts seems to be more of a random melange of whatever stikes my fancy. I would welcome other writers to contribute to the blog to write about whatever WoW related subjects they found interesting.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nigiriguy
Blog: http://nigiri.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:15 pm 

Server: Thorium Brotherhood

I have! Even before I had my own blog.

Most definitely, I'd be up for it. :mrgreen:

Anything healing-related, as I am a Discipline Priest. I also love doing posts on addons/macros/UIs, which is why I write on-and-off for No Stock UI.

I could see myself doing multiple posts, like writing a series. Similar to what I'm doing right now on my blog, writing a multi-part guide to Discipline Priesting.

Do you expect any payment, or linkback for the post? (Usually a link at the bottom is common place)

A link back is generally expected and kind of a must. (If people like what they read they'll want to know where they can find more!) I'd love to be paid of course but I blog and play WoW as a hobby so it's not necessarily needed.

Do you wish to post the same content on your own blog as well?

If it's allowed, sure. But not necessary. I would link to it in some fashion either way.

Would you like to see a guest post request list, or offer list on the Blog Azeroth forums?

Sure, that might be helpful.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:21 am 

Server: Black Dragonflight
Bbr wrote:
I'll assume you know what this means for now.

No, but I've very new to blogging!

Quote:

Oh yes, I think it's an excellent idea.

Quote:

At the moment, I'm thinking Big Hit Box, but this is mainly because I'm not quite sure what other melee-focused blogs there are. xD

Quote:

I love to write- I'm just not sure how much other people love to read it!

Quote:

Linkbacks would be awesome. <3

Quote:

Quote:
Would you like to see a guest post request list, or offer list on the blog azeroth forums?

I think that could work. :D