Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: To post or not to post...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:37 pm 

Server: Shandris/Firetree
With WotLK coming upon us, has your posting style changed? I think of all this info I can post but then I pause to think, this will all be out of date in a few months. Has anyone else stopped posting info about the mechanics of their classes or are there some out there that will be posting until the day WotLK comes out?

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: To post or not to post...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:24 pm 

For the most part, yes. I've all but stopped looking at current class mechanics unless its to explain how to engage a certain boss or something. I know the stuff right now is going to go out the window (a majority). There are some things that will remain the same.

I've started taking my post towards the "abstract" level instead. Wrath mechanics are another direction to explore. They're constantly changing and there will always be an interest in class spells, usages, costs, situations, and so forth. Speculatory posts are always fun to write =)

WoW Priest and Officer Blogger

Find me on GMail: matttz@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:29 pm 

Server: Scarlet Crusade (US)
I've stopped posting about current mechanics, equipment, etc. since there's no telling how soon all of it will become irrelevant. At the same time, I've been posting a lot about the projected changes, mostly because it's fun and exciting to me and because the information seems to be well-received.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:19 pm 

I would love to be able to post on WOTLK specifics but can't find any fresh information as I don't have a beta key. I am not a fan of reposting someone else's news either so I am sort of stuck on WOTLK. Any advice? I was thinking of asking on the beta forums if there was anyone interested in supplying me with news. I guess they would want paid though...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:27 am 

Server: Illidan
I'm with Matt and Phae. I've stopped posting a lot of "current" specific stuff, as a lot of it is going to be subject to change very soon, and have been either covering general/abstract topics or the changes happening in the Beta at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:24 am 

Server: Illidan (US)
Beta coverage Beta coverage Beta coverage Beta coverage.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:01 pm 

Server: Silver Hand (US) / The Venture Co. (US)
It has felt rather awkward for me lately; hunters are arguably getting one of the biggest overhauls of all the classes (paladins are probably the other contender); it's weird to be on, say, Part 10 of "So You Want to Play a Hunter" and know that some of the stuff will be out of date within a few months.

I've been posting more personal stories and general "I love hunter" thoughts, and doing my best to continue to write about hunter basics and fundamentals that hopefully will not change.

I have been avoiding talking a lot about WotLK because I know that at least some people frequent my blog specifically because I am one of the few spoiler free places out there =P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:45 pm 

Server: Kul Tiras (US)
An excellent question! I've been pretty much a Wrath-free blog to this point (and since I'm not in the beta, I don't see that changing a lot).

And as I look back at my past few articles...it appears I'm in a rut. However, I have some ideas percolating, and I think what I may do is get into some of the technical aspects of blogging.

Of course, an upcoming 2-3 week vacation may come between me and my blog anyway...for a bit.

Aloha! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:47 pm 

Server: Aggramar - US
Pike wrote:
It has felt rather awkward for me lately; hunters are arguably getting one of the biggest overhauls of all the classes (paladins are probably the other contender); it's weird to be on, say, Part 10 of "So You Want to Play a Hunter" and know that some of the stuff will be out of date within a few months.

Well, on the bright side, you'll get to release an errata post on the changes later on! :wink:

Pike wrote:
I've been posting more personal stories and general "I love hunter" thoughts, and doing my best to continue to write about hunter basics and fundamentals that hopefully will not change.

I have been avoiding talking a lot about WotLK because I know that at least some people frequent my blog specifically because I am one of the few spoiler free places out there =P

I avoided using my beta key for that reason. I was on the fence, and then realized that with everything already being discussed and rehashed and re-rehashed, I didn't want to jump into theorycrafting or number crunching - it's not really my area of expertise. (Let's face it, I really don't have one. I just love to play the game.)

Besides, this way, when the expansion is released, I've got more things to cover with talent respecs, perspectives of a Death Knight, two-boxing through Northrend...

Plenty of stuff to go around.