A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Formerly "Three of Me"...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:34 am 

Server: Scarshield Legion (EU)
Blog Name: The Gnogue

Blog URL: Not up yet, old blog at http://three-of-me.com/

Blog Focus: Rogues, Gnomes, Guild and Realm happenings, WoW-experience from my point of view (a short one lol), and other random insane things.

Character Name: Leaf

Character Server: Scarshield Legion (EU)

Other Information:
Here comes the text!

Hi, new to the overall scene and community... and I suppose new to blogging as far as continuous writing goes.

I've reserved a new domain name and have a web-server up and running - that is currently hosting the old blog Three of Me, which is/was about my overall WoW experience with my three main alts.

I stopped playing for a while, for reasons you can read in the last post I've made in that blog. Well, those plans kind of got tossed in the bin more or less, at least the biggest change.
I started playing with my, at the time, girlfriend again after the absence mentioned, but then recently she became my ex (we're still friends). With the freed up time and basically need to focus on something new, I've decided to get with blogging again and this time stick with it. I'm making changes to the blog from what it is now to make it into something more specific - namely my Gnome Rogue.

More on that later, you can get an idea of what it might be like by reading Three of Me.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to design my own theme for the resurrection an change of this blog. It will probably not be up until I'm satisfied with it... or do we have any opinions if I should just get a temporary template up and start typing? I'm here to get opinions, so start spitting. ;)

The new blog will be called "The Gnogue" as mentioned, as this is what I'm already known as on my guild and by others not necessarily on my realm anymore (transfers).

Long post is long, but hey... practise makes perfect, right? ;)

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:33 pm 

Server: Silver Hand
Welcome! In some other thread, somewhere, I remember seeing that people generally prefer content over eyecandy. By the time a person gets all the polish done on a site, it's usually months later with no posts to show for it. It's better to blog when you have something to say and just work on the graphics in the meantime. I think my husband and I have revamped our site three times so far, but our original content has remained with us all this time. ;)

And your old blog is very easy on the eyes. Most blogs I see basically just have a new banner on a blogspot template. You can easily use your old template until you come up with something to your liking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:14 am 

Server: Scarshield Legion (EU)
Thank you for your response, and you're right. I should get to writing. :)

Expect a new post tomorrow and then at least twice a week to begin with. Don't want to repeat what I feel I did before, which was to burn myself out. Start easy and try to make it into something I want to do instead of forcing the writing.

Again, thank you. I often need a second opinion before being able to execute something, and that's what you provided. :}