Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Great Blog Noblegarden Egg Hunt, round II
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 pm 

Server: Lightninghoof
It's just around the corner!

Like last year, in the GBNEH2, participating bloggers will hide an Easter Egg somewhere on their site, and bloggers and non-bloggers alike are invited to search for them.

Here's how it will work:

1) To register, leave a comment here or on my upcoming blog post about the GBNEH2, send a message to wowegghunt at gmail (with the usual suffix), or send a Tweet to @_angelya (or DM Angelya in your Tweet).

2) Hide an egg or a reference to an egg somewhere on your blog on or before Easter Sunday, April 24. You can hide your egg anywhere on your site -- on the main page, in a sidebar, on a different page, in an image, in a post. You can use something as obvious as an image of an egg, or you can look at the very clever and subtle things people did last year for ideas.

2a) If your egg is hidden in a particularly tricky way, you may wish to link it to some sort of confirmation page saying "Congratulations, you found an Egg!"

2b) If you participated last year and your egg from last year is still present somewhere on your blog (like mine is), you will need to hide a new egg in a new place.

2c) If you hide your egg in a post, it should be no earlier than Sunday 17 April and no later than Easter Sunday 24 April.

2d) Send an email containing the location where you've hidden your egg to the above email address by midnight, GMT, on Saturday 23 April. If you want to send an email on or before Saturday the 23rd saying "it'll be in a post that I will publish on Sunday the 24th", that's fine. If you want to include some kind of public clue to where your egg is, indicate it clearly in your email -- but don't feel obligated to provide a clue for the hunters ;)

3) On Easter Sunday 24 April, I will post a list of all participating blogs/sites and any clues with which they may have provided me. Egg hunters will then have until midnight, GMT, on Thursday the 28th to send in lists of eggs they've found to the above email address. I'll post some guidelines for egg hunting along with the list of participating bloggers on the 24th.

4) On Saturday the 30th, after Ang & I have had sometime to compile and review the lists and make sure we haven't missed anyone's contribution, I'll post the winners!

4a) The first person to turn in a complete list of all the eggs will win a one-panel Disciplinary Action Adventures comic featuring their character from Liala.

4b) We'll throw the names of everyone else who finds all the eggs in a hat and pick two runner-ups who will each win a black & white sketch of their character from Fyreuni of Daily Quests.

Register Your Blog or Site by commenting here or on my upcoming blog post, sending an email to the above address, or Tweeting @_angelya with your blog name and address. If you haven't gotten a confirmation email within a few days, ping us again.

Happy Hiding!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The Great Blog Noblegarden Egg Hunt, round II
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 am 

Server: Nagrand - Oceanic
Is there more information coming on this "official thread", or should I go with what was repeated in last year's thread?

WWW Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:59 pm 

It'll be pretty much the same as last year, but I will be posting details with updated dates, etc, in this thread shortly. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 pm 

Server: Moonrunner-US
I'll wait to spread the word until the detail page is up then :) We've got a new bloggers this time around!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:04 am 

Server: Quel'Thalas
XS can't wait

http://lonelynube.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:17 pm 

Like last year, in the GBNEH2, participating bloggers will hide an Easter Egg somewhere on their site, and bloggers and non-bloggers alike are invited to search for them.

Here's how it will work:

1) To register, leave a comment here or on my upcoming blog post about the GBNEH2, send a message to wowegghunt at gmail (with the usual suffix), or send a Tweet to @_angelya (or DM Angelya in your Tweet).

2) Hide an egg or a reference to an egg somewhere on your blog on or before Easter Sunday, April 24. You can hide your egg anywhere on your site -- on the main page, in a sidebar, on a different page, in an image, in a post. You can use something as obvious as an image of an egg, or you can look at the very clever and subtle things people did last year for ideas.

2a) If your egg is hidden in a particularly tricky way, you may wish to link it to some sort of confirmation page saying "Congratulations, you found an Egg!"

2b) If you participated last year and your egg from last year is still present somewhere on your blog (like mine is), you will need to hide a new egg in a new place.

2c) If you hide your egg in a post, it should be no earlier than Sunday 17 April and no later than Easter Sunday 24 April.

2d) Send an email containing the location where you've hidden your egg to the above email address by midnight, GMT, on Saturday 23 April. If you want to send an email on or before Saturday the 23rd saying "it'll be in a post that I will publish on Sunday the 24th", that's fine. If you want to include some kind of public clue to where your egg is, indicate it clearly in your email -- but don't feel obligated to provide a clue for the hunters ;)

3) On Easter Sunday 24 April, I will post a list of all participating blogs/sites and any clues with which they may have provided me. Egg hunters will then have until midnight, GMT, on Thursday the 28th to send in lists of eggs they've found to the above email address. I'll post some guidelines for egg hunting along with the list of participating bloggers on the 24th.

4) On Saturday the 30th, after Ang & I have had sometime to compile and review the lists and make sure we haven't missed anyone's contribution, I'll post the winners!

4a) The first person to turn in a complete list of all the eggs will win a one-panel Disciplinary Action Adventures comic featuring their character from Liala.

4b) We'll throw the names of everyone else who finds all the eggs in a hat and pick two runner-ups who will each win a black & white sketch of their character from Fyreuni of Daily Quests.

Register Your Blog or Site by commenting here or on my upcoming blog post, sending an email to the above address, or Tweeting @_angelya with your blog name and address. If you haven't gotten a confirmation email within a few days, ping us again.

Happy Hiding!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:35 pm 

Server: Ner'zhul
I updated the first post with the info so that it's easier to find.

I wish I could join in this year, but unfortunately I'll be in an internetless country all of next week :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:34 am 

Server: Quel'Thalas
I'm In.

http://lonelynube.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 pm 

The formal GBNEH2 announcement is live on my blog! Go forth and comment there to register your blog! Remember also to send an email to the indicated gmail address after you've hidden your egg.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:46 pm 

Here's the folks I've got on the list of participating bloggers so far:

Nube/The Lonely Pally
Top Rosters
Poneria/Fel Concentration
Elfindale/Elfi's World
Vrykerion/The Legend of Vrykerion
Fannon/Dwarven Battle Medic
Christine/Christine's Blog
Stormy/Scribblings on the Asylum Wall
Windsoar/Jaded Alt
Akabeko/red cow rise
Apple/Azeroth Apple
Chatmay/The WoW Debutante
Anslym/Bag Overflow
Jasyla/Cannot Be Tamed
Rex/Raid Trauma
Vidyala/Manalicious
Stringtheory/Perish Twice

Have I missed anyone?

Last edited by Kamalia on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:36 pm 

Server: Mug'thol
I'll participate if you are still accepting more blog entries.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:26 pm 

We sure are! I'll add you to the list!

And for anyone else who might be interested in participating, there's still time to sign up! You can even register your blog by sending me the email that says where you've hidden your egg :D

Here's the address where GBNEH2 related messages should go:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:36 pm 

Server: Mug'thol
email sent, egg hidden. Thanks again for setting this up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:01 am 

Thanks to everyone who signed up to participate, and to everyone who's already sent me the location of their egg. I am totally amazed by all the astonishingly creative ways people have come up with to hide eggs this year! You guys are great!

If you haven't sent me an email with the location of your egg yet, please do so ASAP!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:02 pm 

Things are wrapping up! I originally set the deadline for last night, but not many people have yet responded and some of the eggs were quite cleverly hidden -- so I've extended the deadline until tonight. If you've got even a partial list of eggs, please send them in! If I don't get any more complete lists, the runner-up prizes will go to the two longest lists. I'll be posting the winners and the list of where all the eggs were hidden sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 am 

Server: Ner'zhul
OMG so who won!?!?