Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: An Off-Topic Topical Discussion on booting up a series.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:41 am 

Server: Nagrand
Hi folks.

I wasn't sure where I could really go with this one, but I was hoping some of the folks here can help me out by offering a bit of cross-gaming advice.

Over a month ago, I wrote an article about the playthrough of my younger, teenaged cousin's hour and a half run in Fallout: New Vegas (found at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com/2010 ... -ledouche/ )

I told him that people rather enjoyed that article, so he's been asking me if the character he created can be resurrected for use either in Fallout: NV again or in another game. Thing is, we weren't able to save his character's information on my system, so recreating his face and adventure might be problematic.

To that end, I was wondering if you folks could recommend a game or MMO that would allow him to play for short bursts of time (say under 2 hours a week) yet get a lot of open-ended hilariousness out of the playthrough.

I was thinking of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, or maybe even Darkfall as those games seem to allow the sort of wanton idiocy that my cousin roleplays his character as, but if you have better ideas, I'd be rather open to them.

Thanks again. :)

A writer - and, I believe, generally all persons - must think that whatever happens to him or her is a resource. All things have been given to us for a purpose, and an artist must feel this more intensely. All that happens to us, including our humiliations, our misfortunes, our embarrassments, all is given to us as raw material, as clay, so that we may shape our art.

- Jorge Luis Borges

Visit Games and Geekery if you want to read up on gaming-related thoughts!
http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: An Off-Topic Topical Discussion on booting up a series.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:04 pm 

Server: Bloodhoof EU
Hmm, tough one.

There are a few games who can do that though, Oblivion is one of them. I'd also recommend
DragonAge Origins and even Two worlds, they both give you an option to create your character
and both are open world games. (-ish at least)

If you want to go into other type of games as well, I'd also recommend Black And White 2, where
you can play God and have a creature (huge!) as a pet and just have fun being God, building stuff,
killing people by picking them up and throwing them, funny stuff :)

I dont know if consoles are an option for this, but Little Big Planet for the PS3 being played with
friends is hilarious.

~Arphalas

PS: That blogpost is hilarious :D

Profile Send private message