Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I'd so totally be down for this
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:52 pm 

I'm a video editor by trade... and strangely I don't make WoW movies... something about working in compressed and weird formats makes me nauseous.

I've run a video blog for almost 3 years now and have a passion for this game and would love to get in on an audio podcast.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:08 pm 

Issues with with speaking aloud prevent me from participating, but I would definitely listen to such a podcast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:20 pm 

I have some audio recording skill, and would LOVE to do this.

We should definitely organize this into something that actually happens, not just speculated about doing.

I have acess to professional-grade audio editing and recording equipment, and bunches of free time. We should get a list of interested bloggers with the gear, time, and speaking ability to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:22 am 

Count me in. I don't have much in the way of gear, but I'm pretty witty, have a built-in microphone in my computer, and have spent my fair share of time in Improv and theater groups.

Just start working on time and a theme. :P

On one hand, he's got some great ideas and opinions about blogging and hunter related stuff. He's even got a Bruce Campbell avatar over at the BRK forums.

On the other hand, he did roll Horde. And not just any Horde, but a big freakin' Tauren. AND...he uses a gun.

I'm so confused.

Survival Hunters Anonymous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:14 pm 

Server: Fizzcrank
This sounds like a great idea, I would be will to do something if yall needed me too.

something that nobody brought up yet is hosting and web design. I know a lot of people get their podcasts through ITunes but there are still a few of us who like to go to the actual page.

Is someone doing a pre recorded segment an option? and mailing it in or setting up a download page for the actual podcaster to download it and edit it? This might be a way to get people that cant do the podcast involved.

I was thinking something along the lines of and here is this weeks strong opinion from. anyway you get the picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:36 pm 

This is a really interesting idea. Would love to hear some discussions amongst members of our community. I happens to know a professional composer & I'd be willing to ask him if he could whip up something we could use fer theme music (no promises, but I'm happy to ask).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:46 am 

Hiya everyone. The blogger group show is an excellent format for a podcast. There are two that follow that format that I listen to already, "Shut Up We're Talking" and "Witty Ranter" both at http://www.virginworlds.com but they are not WoW specific. Having a WoWcentric podcast that follows that format would be really cool.

I've been podcasting for about 5 months now and a huge help for me when I started was Brent from Virgin Worlds "How to Make a Podcast, Podcast." It is a must listen if you are interested in learning how the whole thing works.

Check it out at http://www.virginworlds.com/podcast.php?show=1&ep=70