Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ST Idea: RP Intros
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 pm 

Server: Elune
So last night (into the wee hours of this morning for me), I was on the Twisted Nether Blogcast talking about the origins of my blog and how I come up with ideas.

I started out writing my blog when I tried to become an RP'er. I am a horrible RP'er. One thing I liked about RP'ing was an addon I used where you wrote a small blurb about what someone saw as they approached you. Any one who also had the addon saw the bit as soon as they targeted you. It was an introduction of sorts, but a merely superficial introduction, as it was only based on the idea of a first glance. It was merely a means to start an RP encounter.

This topic will likely prove to be a shorter than usual Shared Topic, but I challenge everyone to create an RP Intro for your character! Multiple characters if you so choose! I will use to finally convince myself to write my Shaman's RP Intro, but here is the one for my DK:

Quote:
“Haughty” is the first word that comes to mind upon seeing this Draenei female, a term that seems foreign in regards to many of her race. However, on a moment’s further inspection some of the reasoning behind this odd temperament coming from one of such honorable and cheery kin becomes more clear. Though her complexion is smooth and unblemished, the wicked cast of her glowing, pupil-less blue eyes more clearly reveals the nature of her being – she is an undead. The blade she caresses, almost anxiously, bears the marks of numerous pulsating runes, the symbolic mark of one who was formerly a hapless thrall to the Lich King. She is a Death Knight.

I look forward to being introduced to you all! :)

"The most important training, though, is to experience life as a writer, questioning everything, inventing multiple explanations for everything." ~ Orson Scott Card

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: ST Idea: RP Intros
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:53 am 

Server: Nagrand
And you say you're terrible at RP... I don't believe you!

I'll be writing one of these tomorrow! Looking forward to writing it, and sharing it! :)

~FFT

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:53 pm 

http://fatfurrytank.wordpress.com

Here it is!!!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:45 pm 

Saw this a week or so ago, and thought may be fun .. finally gave it a shot.

http://jodrath.wordpress.com/2013/05/03 ... -rp-intro/

WWW Profile Send private message