Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Larisas värld - swedish blog
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:27 am 

Blog Name: Larisas värld

Blog URL: http://larisamage.blogg.se

Blog Focus: General, sort of philosophical and personal views about the game with a focus on PvE, raiding, management, guild life and mages. It offers afterthought and inspiration rather than education.

Character Name: Larisa

Character Server: Kul Tiras (EU)

Other Information: Sad to say it’s all written in Swedish so far. If I get confidence enough I may change that one day in order to get a bigger audience.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:10 pm 

Larisa, I'm not sure how this type of thing works, but maybe you could put up a Google Translation link on your website that would translate to English? Maybe that would help with your idea?

aka Natalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:23 pm 

Hm. that sounds interesting? How does it work? if anyone could help me to find a decent automatic language converter I would really appreciate it!

Not that my English is that bad, it isn't. But I find that writing in my native language the blog becomes more personal, natural, honest and precise.
But I seriously DO think about converting it into English. I just hesitate.

I've only had the blog for a couple of weeks but I'm kind of facinated how it starts to live it's life of it's own. Thoughts are just popping up like from nowhere... I seriously have no trouble at all finding issues to write about. It's lie a waterflow just pouring over... don't know if you've experienced it?
:)

Still it's a bit saddening having like... five unique visitors a day or something like that. Hey... you need to get SOME kind of response don't you?

So maybe I'll be back here one day or another, telling you that I've finally made it English, giving up a little of the quality in language, but on the other hand getting the possibilty of a bigger audiance. I'll let you know if that's the case.

Lovely to get some feedback. I'm starved!

Cheers

Larisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 pm 

Larisa, here's a good page that shows you a few different ways to do it.

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/11/add- ... bsite.html

aka Natalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:11 am 

Thanks! I checked it up but it seens as though the only automatic translator that supported swedish was World Lingo, and it really made a mess out of my blog when I made a try. Swedish apperently isn't one of the major world languages... :(

So now I've started a little project, translating my blog posts so far and I'll probably start a parallell english blog just to test it out, as soon as I've got a few more converted (I've suddenly realized that my blog posts are TERRIBLY long... never noticed before. It takes hours and hours to complete it). The future is decided by the respons from the English Wow community. If there seem to be more people out there interested in taking part of my ramblings I may switch language. Otherwise I'll keep writing in swedish, apperently mostly to entertain myself.

So... I may come be back in this forum in a while, announcing the english version of the World of Larisa.

see you!