Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Custom Feedburner Headline Animator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:53 pm 

Server: Borean Tundra
I've been able to aggregate my Blogger feed to Feedburner. For forum signatures, I've also been able to create Animated Feeds (those nifty little banners that cycle through your recent posts like an animated gif image) -- an example of one is below in my signature.

However, I'd love to customize that plain black box with a bit more pizzazz. Feedburner offers the ability to load your own background image (so long as it's a GIF) and then you can arrange the feed elements on that image -- like posting date and the post title.

When I upload my GIF, i can see everything just great in Feedburner's design view. This is what it's supposed to look like:
However, when I save it, I'm getting a broken link icon for the resulting animated feed.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Has anyone been successful in a custom Feedburner Animated Feed?

---- EDIT 12 Aug 2012 ---
So I've been able to get this working. In my case, i had to leave a 1 pixel border between the feedburner fields (blog name, post title, post date). If any of the fields touched up against the image size or would require clipping, the image fails to load. Odd, but now functional.

Thx!

WWW Profile Send private message