Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Weird problem with language settings and a new blog.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:16 am 

Server: Khaz'Goroth
Hi, I started a new blogspot blog (http://altfanatic.blogspot.com) and I have a weird problem with the language settings. I am in Japan and for some reason, when the blog was created, the 'poster' 'comments' and 'time posted' links are all in Japanese. Its not too bad, because they are in the same place the usual English would be, but its still something I'd like to have in English.

I tried every setting I could find for language in blogger and in my browser, checked the template HTML, searched all over the blogger help forums, and searched here, too, but no luck. Any suggestions or ideas to switch these small but important elements back to English? Thank you in advance!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Weird problem with language settings and a new blog.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:38 am 

Server: Cenarius (US)
Hey there. I checked the settings on my own blogger blog and found that there is a language setting in there. Go to Settings > Formatting and the 6th item down should be Language. Make sure that's set to English. If that' doesn't fix it then... I dunno. :P I'll check around to see if someone else had this problem and posted a solution.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Weird problem with language settings and a new blog.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:03 am 

Server: Khaz'Goroth
Thanks for looking around for me, but I've hit a wall. Its not some language setting, I've tried them all, it seems like something was hardwired when I created with blog and its stuck. It seems weird, but that's my only explanation at this point.

I dont want to start over to force English settings, I have some good posts up as it is :cry:

Profile Send private message