Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: classlist.info
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:58 am 

I am currently in the process of building a new site called classlist.info

The premise is a site that is a bit like roguespot but with a bit more interaction. It will feature lists of links much like you can find on roguespot.com they will be managed automatically with broken links automatically archived or deleted. Users will be able to submit links etc and they can be sorted by date popularity and a couple of other metrics. The site will configure itself for any class based on the domain name. So while there is only one site if you enter hunter.classlist.info you get a different site then if you entered rogue.classlist.info

Another feature and my primary reason for this post will be the blog agrigator it will allow bloggers to add their blogs to the site. However in the spirit of generating hits for the user and not just myself I will only be using headlines and possibly a snippet of text... I will be parsing the entire XML rss feeds that blogs publish however. The idea being that you wont have to specify that its a rogue blog or a warlock blog... even if you write about multiple classes the blog will automatically parse whats available in the rss feed and determine each post on keywords its finds. So if you have added your blog to classlist.info and you write a post on hunters it will automatically show up on hunter.classlist.info

There are other features but these are the first two and the backbone hopefully of a very useful catalog of every link for every class in one place.

If this is something you would be interested in giving me some feedback in please post here I will be looking for beta testers soon. Any ideas or suggestions should also be posted here.

~Cerias Shadows

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:01 am 

Seems like a viable plan.

The automatic parsing and class determination may be very difficult though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:57 pm 

actually i think the parsing will be the easier part. It will all be xml rss feeds anyway. Something that Coldfusion the backend I am running handles very elegantly. It wont try to determine the class by some logic other then if the post contains rogue flag it for the rogue page... if it contains warlock flag it for the warlock page. etc.

~CS