A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:37 pm 

Server: Draenor US
Siha wrote:
LadyJess wrote:
65: People that don't train and level FIRST AID!!!

77. HEALERS who don't train and level First Aid.

Also,

78. "People who AFK after a wipe and let the healers do all the running-back" deserves a third mention.

I was really bad about FA on my first toon. A druid. I figured I have heals why bother. The i ran out of mana and needed a heal...lol 375 FA ftw!

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:51 pm 

Kestrel wrote:
This has been mentioned a couple times, but since I play both a holy priest and a hunter:

62. Hunters who don't use a "Mend Pet" macro during combat.
63. Hunters who don't have Improved Mend Pet and want me to cure their pet's poison or disease.

(Incidentally, those people are part of the Huntard sub-class.) :p

I'll get right on having Improved Mend Pet with the rest of my Survival skills!.... about the same time you can main-heal and keep Vampiric Touch on a boss so's I can get mana back.

Oh, wait, what's that, neither of us have enough talent points to accommodate the other? ;)

(j/k, of course. Much respect.)

79. (no longer applies - thankyou, Armory and patch changes)

Finding yourself assembled in a PUG within striking distance of the first boss, getting ready to heal, not being able to check everybody's talent distribution, and realizing all too late that the axes your "tank" is wielding ARE his tanking gear.

On one hand, he's got some great ideas and opinions about blogging and hunter related stuff. He's even got a Bruce Campbell avatar over at the BRK forums.

On the other hand, he did roll Horde. And not just any Horde, but a big freakin' Tauren. AND...he uses a gun.

I'm so confused.

Survival Hunters Anonymous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:57 am 

80: Never being allowed to heal, because your guild values your tanking too much. Sounds silly, but I actually ENJOY healing, but never get to do it.
81: Battle rezzing during a raid, then finding out the priest I rezzed just hadn't bothered to use his soulstone to pop up yet.
82: Battle rezzing, then seeing somebody else's battle rez light up 2 seconds after I called it in Vent and landed the spell.
83: DPSers bitching that they didn't get healed and died, despite the fact that you were nearly out of mana, and the tank was going down faster than a *insert nationality here* hooker.

http://ramblingbear.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 pm 

Rakel wrote:
44: People that try to tell you that you need to improve your healing because *Random-Stat-Counter* shows that you have less healing than *Random-Raid-Healer* at the end of a smooth raid.

Can't come up with more right now... ^^

@ Yashima: Hi there, seems like i'm not the only one here. ;-)

Llanion wrote:
52. My personal favorite at the moment: Hunters and shamans who think wearing quest greens and carrying +def weapons means they can tank Shadow Labs/Black Morass/Shattered Halls/Tempest Keep and, in one extreme case, Karazhan. Sorry guys, but you're going to get two-shotted unless the healers stop paying attention to the actual tank(s) and start healbombing you.

This sort of ties both of these previous quotes together:

84. Being blamed for the wipe because of inadequate healing gear, yet noticing the lack of appropriately geared party members (i.e. lots of low-level greens, few blues, no purples, etc.) Hi, Kettle! I'm Pot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:41 pm 

If you haven't put it up yet, here's one more:

#whatever: tank in heroic/kara saying "No one was healing me!" when both healers were putting everything they had on him - he just pulled too much at once!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:23 am 

#85: The hunter casts Misdirection onto you without good reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:15 pm 

Lifetap like a maniac when the maintank is taking a heavy beating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:36 pm 

I may be DPS but I still have a healing spell!

#86: Being told by DPS to put up Vampiric Embrace on a fight where I'm threatcapped and fading every chance I get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:04 pm 

The number one way to annoy me when I healing is the first thing Matt said: hearing the MT say "Come on guys, keep me up!" or the RL saying "Someone heal..... there you go....". Seriously, do they have so much free time that they need to tell the healers that someone needs heals? "Oh really? I didn't even notice the MT was taking damage. Let me spool a heal right up for ya......" /doom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:27 pm 

Server: Illidan (US)
Thuenderman wrote:
The number one way to annoy me when I healing is the first thing Matt said: hearing the MT say "Come on guys, keep me up!" or the RL saying "Someone heal..... there you go....". Seriously, do they have so much free time that they need to tell the healers that someone needs heals? "Oh really? I didn't even notice the MT was taking damage. Let me spool a heal right up for ya......" /doom

I was always so bad at doing that on my Warrior. > < It became a joke to the guild during raids even. When I would start to get low I would instinctively say "I'm going to die. Heal me. I'm going to die."

A lot of the times I did though. Heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:34 pm 

Arvelen wrote:
#85: The hunter casts Misdirection onto you without good reason.

ROFL. I actually did this to a healer in a PUG, but I had provocation. He not only let the dps die, he got pissy about losing a roll for a shard and let the tank die as well. Then refused to rez anyone. So, my "evil" side got the best of me and on the next boss pull I cast misdirect on him and fired off Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot. We did have a hybrid pally in the group to take over heals, and the rest of the group knew what was going to happen, so it was pretty hilarious watching the priest take off running while we stood there and watched him get spanked.

Managed to drop the boss with the 4 of us, then pulled in another healer to finish the instance. That original healer is still on my friends list, and I haven't seen him login since. With any luck, he cancelled his account and went back to Shadowbane...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:48 pm 

87. _______ calls out for healing!
88. _______ calls out for healing! ...and they're a dps class.

Some mobs and bosses have abilities similar to a Warlock’s own, such as Rain of Fire. If members of your raid are accustomed to moving out of the way when they see the Rain of Fire animation, it will be beneficial to give them additional practice by sporadically casting your own Rain of Fire on large groups of healers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:28 pm 

Pellegri wrote:
87. _______ calls out for healing!
88. _______ calls out for healing! ...and they're a dps class.

this is waaaaay up at the top of my list. To the point where if someone does it, I'll warn the entire group to turn off that function/macro/stop hitting the button because, as your healer, I'm paying attention. I know your healthbar is low. And yes, you, Mr. Pyroblast-pulling-mage, are dispensable. I'm keeping the tank up through a large pull that got a patrol - no, your healthbar is not at the top of my concern.

If it happens again, they just conveniently don't get much in the way of heals anymore. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:11 pm 

Since I don't see anything about PvP healing ;)

In WSG - Having the flag runner out run you and then get caught and die.

In AV - someone bitching that YOU didn't heal THEM, in a crowd of 30 people (usually a rogue :p )

Or in any BG really, the fact that people seem to expect you to heal them while you're being beat down by 2 rogues and hunter, but nobody tries to get them off you.

Oh and Pellegri, I once grouped with a hunter that had a heal macro set up for his PET like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:17 am 

89. When the epicced out warlock whispers you linking you various items of your gear and saying, "Need upgrades :)"
90. When you're brought into a group without any viable form of Crowd Control and, upon pointing this out, are told, "As long as your healing is up to snuff we'll be fine."
91. (edited to include) When you're the only one corpse-running and everyone else is waiting for a rez... despite the fact that you are clearly a druid.

Aman'Thul US

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:07 pm 

I decided to write an amusing post based off of this idea.

http://birkinsbrain.wordpress.com/2008/ ... et-peeves/

Thanks for letting me vent, Matticus!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:59 pm 

Arrens wrote:
53. The Warlock Life Tapping away, only to gain aggro from the boss and ultimately dying.

/guilty :oops:

seconded - even having a lock main (or perhaps because of), on my priest i HATE locks tapping to the point of "oh shit" to regen their mana and expecting the healer to take care of it