Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:43 am

All times are UTC

Which ICC boss strategies would you like to see written about?
Lord Marrowgar (Heroic) 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Lady Deathwhisper (Heroic) 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Deathbringer Saurfang (Heroic) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Festergut (Heroic) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rotface (Heroic) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Professor Putricide (Heroic) 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Blood Princes (Heroic) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Blood Queen Lana'thel (Heroic) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Valithria Dreamwalker (Heroic) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sindragosa (Heroic) 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: ICC Raid strategy... which one?! Help please :D
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 pm 

Server: Dragonblight
Hey all. After recently launching my blog I've put a few posts, but at this point I've decided I want some of my next few posts to be raid strategies. I don't really intend for this to be a copy of or attempted replacement for tankspot - mostly like a "cliffnotes" version from someone who's done things and wants to put them in a perhaps different format or style. Also, being a rogue I'd probably put a few rogue-specific tips in there as well (although if my knowledge of special tips in the fights extends to other classes I won't hesitate to put them in there!). Eventually this might expand into more videos and the like if my computer doesn't get too upset with it during the encounters. I also plan on doing them all at some point if there's any interest in reading it. I don't feel like I know everything, but the things I do know I would love to blog about :)

That said, I have no idea which bosses to choose or in what order. I don't know what people feel like they would like explained another way, what they're having trouble with in general, or would just simply like to read about. Would you, helpful community, please help me divine what boss(es) people would like to see explained? The only boss I cannot properly explain at the moment is Lich King Heroic, as my guild hasn't killed him yet. Other bosses are free game, and would be explained in heroic mode as I feel like if one understands the heroic mode of a fight they understand the normal mode version as well (for the most part).

If you guys would also like see "Lich King (normal 25 man)" or "Raid Achievements required for Frostbrood Wyrms" please post, as I cannot make that many poll options since those two are sort of out-there choices.

Thanks so much in advance for the input :D

-Poptart
poptartica.net

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: ICC Raid strategy... which one?! Help please :D
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:27 pm 

Server: Silvermoon
Im going to be doing a similar kind of thing and have selected the marrowgar option first. This way I can slowly go through each and every boss or encounter that i want to talk about one at a time in a kind of order. :) My vote is for that, do it in order as you would normally progress through ICC, easier to keep track of that way too.

WWW Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:41 am 

I think there are enough readers who are starting on or working through hard modes, that anything you choose isn't a bad idea. Either write whatever speaks to you...or just take them in order.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 am 

Server: Malfurion
your blog looks better and better every time I go there. I bow down. =]

I'd actually like to see a post called "What it takes to get a Frostbrood Wyrm" that just goes through and details each achievement and whatnot. You do a great job writing up your strats and as a former kitty, I can really sink my teeth into your point of view.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:28 pm 

Server: Aman'Thul
Definitely go through all the bosses, especially if you mean them to be companion/cliff notes. I would make them fairly class specific, there is a definite market for class guides. Zing over at http://totemz.wordpress.com does fabulous guides for elemental shamans with TL;DR comic versions as well. I'd recommend taking a look to see she's gone about them.