And before my blog was even 3 days old I've already gone and screwed it up. Well, maybe that's a little dramatic, but I am having an issue.
Here's what's happening:
When I first created the blog the domain name was http://crankyoldgnome.wordpress.com/
(heretofore referred to as the .wordpress blog). After thinking about it a little, I decided I really didn't want to have .wordpress in the url. So I went and purchased myself a shiny new domain name from Domain Manager via wordpress. The new name is http://thecrankyoldgnome.com/
(heretofore referred to as the .com blog).
Apparently this has caused some sort of display issue on some people's browsers. I have it set to redirect people from the original .wordpress blog
to the .com blog
and I can do it just fine on my browser (I'm using Firefox, but I can also do it on Safari). But my roommate can't see the page.
When I change it so that the .wordpress blog
is the primary and the .com blog
is the one that redirects, he is able to see the page just fine. He is using Internet Explorer (v7 I think). I had him clear his cache, history, and temporary files, but it didn't change anything.
I haven't completely ruled out the possibility that it's only happening on his computer and it's a problem that's localized to him. However, I don't want to make that assumption because I want other people to actually be able to view the blog. And I'd hate to screw things up before I even get the blog going.
So if anyone has an idea of what the problem is I'd love to hear it. And, if you don't mind, see if you can view the blog and if you can't get the page to load, let me know. Then I'll have a better idea if it's just his problem or if it's an actual issue I have to address.
Thank you all in advance for your help.